Pure natural surrounding and a breath-taking mountain panorama make an idyllic alpine summer perfect.
The Alpe di Rodengo is right at the front door and it’s a true hiking paradise. A wide offer of hiking trails at all levels of difficulty will wait for you.
Families with a thirst for knowledge will enjoy the exciting themed paths:
- The Natural Bee Trail in Rodengo gives an insight into the life of the bees
- The Elf trail in Vandoies di Sopra with eleven stations provide you with active learning experiences such as reading tracks, watching game in their enclosures and enjoying some bird watching.
- The Maranza Legends Trails with stations where stories are told, which supposedly have taken place right there.
- The “Milk Path” in the village of Valles is dedicated to one of the most common products of alpine South Tyrolean farms: milk.
Our region offers perfect conditions for a wonderful cycling holiday.
Among the favorite routes there is the one of Pusteria Valley cycle path. The approximately 105 km long tour leads along the entire Pusteria Valley to Lienz in Austria.
Ambitious mountain bikers can expect athletically challenging rides and trails in the highlands and on the plateaus.
You will receive your free Almencard at your arrival and it is valid for your whole stay.
- One free entry in every of more than 90 partner museums and exhibitions in South Tyrol
- Unlimited journeys with all regional public transport facilities in South Tyrol
- Unlimited journeys with the cable car "Gitschberg Meransen" and "Jochtal Vals" in summer (from 13.05.2023 until 07.07.2023 and from 18.09.2023 until 04.11.2023)
- Bus journey from Mühlbach to the Alp of Rodeneck and Lüsen from early-May till late-October
- Weekly activity program
Tips in the area
You should definitely visit the Castle of Rodengo with the chapel of Saint Michael, the weaponry hall, the garden and the “Lauterfressloch” in which Matthias Perger, “the Lauterfresser” was captured.
WoodyWalk is a circular trail on the Plose and is suitable also for buggies. Along the way there are numerous attractive stations, which provide variety and invite to play and relax.
The Monte Cavallo leisure mountain offers mountain disc golf by the highest 18-hole parcours of Europe. This funsport combines the idea of ball golf with the easiness of the Frisbee. A real attraction for the whole family and for all ages.
Visit the fun and adventure pool Aquarena in Bressanone or the Alpinpool in Maranza - a refreshing experience on hot summer days.
The historical drama tours in Bressanone are an unforgettable experience for young and old.
Actors in historical clothing will take you back to bygone eras and will reveal surprising details about daily life in the past at different places of interest in the old town of Bressanone.
Adventure tips for kids
- Adventure for kids on the farm "Ahner Berghof" in Rodeneck (5 - 9 years)
- Krixly Kraxly – trial climbing for children between 5 - 9 years of age in Jochtal and/or Kletterhetz – trial climbing for children between 10 - 14 years of age in Vals
- Horse-sleigh rides for kids in Meransen, from age 5
- At the shores of Lake Issengo there’s the outdoor & fun park Kronaction, one of the largest high-rope courses of South Tyrol with 14 courses with over 140 elements and the new attraction: the SlingShot – the human catapult.
- Medieval games for kids in the close of Mühlbach (5 - 9 years)
- Try out a ride on the Plose mountaincarts! It’s a real adventure to rush down the 9 km long run to the bottom station of the gondola lift.